Saturday, December 01, 2007

Suggestions Please?

Hello BRF fans!

I'm so in awe and envy of the gorgeous projects I see out here, and I must admit that I have yet to cast on anything from my Briar Rose because it is the kind of yarn that deserves JUST the right project. I started and frogged a pair of fingerless gloves because I was knitting them too tight. Still open to that as a project idea though...

I have 400 yards of Grandma's Blessing (shown here) that I would really like to use soon, so I'm appealing to you for some pattern suggestions. The suggested gauge is 6.5 sts/in on a size 3 needle, and I think this would give a very nice drape.


Briar Rose Fibers Grandma's Blessing



I welcome any and all suggestions...thanks!

3 Comments:

At December 01, 2007 10:40 AM, Blogger Kim said...

http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter04/PATTaibhlinn.html
How about this?

http://knitty.com/ISSUEfall04/PATTcozy.html
...or a 1/2 sized this?

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/lace-capelet
AND I added this to my Ravelry que...

Hope something catches your eye - the photo says 'sea' to me

 
At December 02, 2007 9:08 AM, Blogger Chris said...

What about making a sweet Rosebud Scarf? I'll put the pattern up onthe blog as a free one soon.

 
At December 03, 2007 12:09 PM, Blogger BrownBerry said...

These are GREAT suggestions - I actually was considering aibhlinn already, so this makes 2 votes. I'll check out the others.

Thank you Chris! I'll be on the lookout for it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home