Tuesday, November 20, 2007

After an age...

You know that feeling when you know something is just so good that you couldn't possibly get it for yourself. Well, after an age and a half of drooling over the Briar Rose Fiber website, I finally decided that I would get some, not for myself mind you, but as a special gift. My friend and blogging buddy was graduating with her degree in nursing. What better way to celebrate than to get a big, never ending skein of Briar Rose. So I plunged in, ordered the skein, and proceeded to turn green with envy.

Well little did I know that Chris and Biar Rose Fibers were not far off for my own stash. The very next weekend I headed off to Ohio to visit my mom. When I got there she told me she's seen ads for a Sheep and Wool Fest. HA HAAAA! I just love my mom. She knows exactly what I like. Off we went to the Great Lakes Sheep & Wool & Fiber Show in Wooster, Ohio. Whooo Hoooo! and how fabulous, guess who was there.

Look how happy I am. I really could have just climbed right into that basket. I even had to get out my phone and call my friend to crow a bit.
I met Chris!
I touched absolutely all of the fiber!
AND
I bought a huge never ending skein for myself and I didn't even have to get a degree in anything. Isn't it lovely.
In no time at all I was knitting up a storm.
The Through the Looking Glass sweater had caught my eye , so let the needles fly
The moral of the story is that if something seems too good for you, it's probably exactly what you need! :0
LOL

2 Comments:

At November 21, 2007 8:57 AM, Blogger Kim said...

Glad to have you join, Dawn. Sounds like you've caught the addiction...great sweater! I looked at it on your blog before seeing it here and it is just beautiful.

 
At November 22, 2007 7:15 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Dawn! How sweet! I love your photo and I totally remember you! Can we see a photo of the front of the sweater?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home