Monday, October 01, 2007

Ta-Daaah!

"Cherry oh, Cherry oh, baby,
Don`t you know I`m in need of thee?

If you don`t believe it`s true,

What have you left me to do?

So long I've been waiting,

For you to come right in.

And now that we are together,
Please make my joy run over."


-Eric Donaldson

Do you have any idea how nice it is to be able to tag this post with BOTH "cherry country shawl" and "FOs"?

Without further ado...

Here she is, Miss America...

(Wait a minute - wrong song)

Here she is, her Royal Cherry-dom...

(that's better!)


Vital Statistics
:
38" wide by 98” long (after blocking)

1800 yards Briar Rose Fibers Grandma’s Blessing, Sport Weight
Size 5US needles

Took a lot longer than I expected to finish final border, graft it on, wash & block the little lady... Then again, queens have been known to keep their loyal subjects waiting.

Only just released into the world and already, she's a prima donna (sigh!)

Here are a few more beauty shots.

(of the shawl - not me - silly!)


artfully modeled by middle aged woman wearing no makeup...

(Baby Boy's girlfriend was unavailable and trust me, she's w-a-ay better looking!)










obligatory wingspan shot...








ready for her close up...

(again - the shawl - not me)





And a few more showing off her lacy-ness...













How do you like them apples cherries?








close up of blossoming branch and beech leaf edging









And one last shot for the blocking voyeurs (you know who you are!)











Took all day yesterday, but the pattern is ready for sale. Tomorrow I am off to Leland, where the shawl will premier Saturday at Briar Rose's booth at the Fiber Festival. If you're in the area, stop on by and check it out.

Back next week. At that time the pattern will be for sale on the website (assuming I can figure out how to get PayPal set up.)

Thank you to all who have encouraged me in the great cherry odyssey of 2007.

And I'm just getting started..

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At October 01, 2007 7:05 PM, Blogger Pensguys said...

Waaahhhh! I don't see any pictures!

 
At October 02, 2007 12:12 PM, Blogger bcat said...

OMG!!!! Beautiful!! I want one!!!!!

 
At October 02, 2007 4:48 PM, Blogger Kim said...

very VERY beautiful! Thanks for the photos, I was hoping to see them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home