Sunday, October 21, 2007

Everyone but me was at Rhinebeck...

...so I finished a sweater!


Celebration Retro 004
Originally uploaded by kniterella
While hunting for the perfect color of Abundance to use for my mom's birthday sweater, Chris and I decided to try a double strand of Celebration.

The Retro Cardigan pattern has just been altered for a variety of sizes and I wanted to test knit a larger size for my mom.

The Celebration was very bulky while wet blocking, but dried to perfection. The bamboo in this yarn should help keep the 'heat' down when worn.

I will get some modeled photos as soon as I can see my mom - her birthday is Nov 23rd!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At October 23, 2007 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I just got some great yarn and this pattern from Chris but was trying to increase the size. I think I've done the math properly but if you have verification I'd appreciate it. Thanks. And the sweater is great by the way. Laurie

 
At October 23, 2007 7:05 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Laurie, let me know where to reach you (e-mail). Not sure if you are the Laura participating in the blog!

 
At October 23, 2007 11:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not in the blog right now. email is lcstephens@insightbb.com. Thanks. I'm just past the yoke.

 
At October 24, 2007 9:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

absolutely beautiful!

 
At November 12, 2007 10:05 PM, Blogger Liz said...

Beautiful! Your Mom will love it. I like the yoke, very pretty.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home