Saturday, September 29, 2007

An Obsession with Rosebud, part one


If you do a search on Ravelry for the Rosebud vest, you will find six of mine on display. I love the look of this pattern. Here it is in another incarnation. It's a little dressier, with a little drape. When I was at the Michigan Fiber Festival last month, Chris' booth was my first stop. I was only at the fest for a few minutes before I filled some bags, and had to load them in my car before I finished the rest of the show. This Celebration, the bamboo/(merino?) blend, was one of the happy purchases. I was thinking about what to make, and went with the reliable. I used the yarn doubled, and tweaked the gauge a bit. Another modification I did was a little dart shaping in front. I love the shimmery quality of this yarn. I have another non-Rosebud project in mind for it.
Why the part one in the post title? Because, of course, there's more Rosebud action to follow!

2 Comments:

At September 30, 2007 8:36 AM, Blogger Kim said...

oooh, ahhh. Six? You are amazing and so is this Rosebud. Can't wait to see what is up next.

 
At September 30, 2007 7:02 PM, Blogger Jodi said...

I love the drape and the subtle colors of this vest! Beautiful work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home