Saturday, September 22, 2007

Alley Glamazon


I'm not really a shawl person. It's not that I don't admire them, but I don't have the life or wardrobe that a shawl would fit in. I also don't have the discipline to follow a chart for hundreds of rows. Most of my life is spent in casual attire. I would like to have things that I can wear when I dash out of the house, to look amazing as I walk my dog, or run the garbage out to the alley. This is the Lacy Cable shrug, knit with two hanks of Fourth of July. It's similar in color to one I saw in Chris' collection, that I fell in love with. It's a shawl, but not. Because it's two long sleeves, it really stays put. There's enough yarn overs for it to qualify as lace, and the four row pattern repeat is easy to memorize. With my wingspan, this was a lot of knitting. I've shown it styled here with my flamingo and swimming pool pajama pants that you would see me in if you were my neighbor and looked out into my back yard in the morning.

1 Comments:

At September 22, 2007 8:54 AM, Blogger Kim said...

Made more fabulous by the flamingo PJ's!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home