Friday, August 03, 2007

Clementine Shawlette

Two days ago I bound off the Clementine Shawlette. I have yet to block it, but was eager to post photos, so here they are.

Pattern: Clementine Shawlette, Interweave Knits, Spring, 2007. Designed by one of my personal favorites, Michele Rose Orne.

Yarn: 1 skein Briar Rose Fibers' Sea Pearl (50% Merino, 50% tencel).

Needles: size 4 Bryspun circular.

Modifications: None.

Notes/Thoughts: Like everyone else who's knit this, I agree it's a great starter pattern for lace. I easily memorized the 3 different rows of patterning and found them easy to repeat. Still, there was counting involved, so I couldn't do it absent-mindedly.

I love the yarn. Sea Pearl has a pretty sheen, a soft drape, and felt so nice on my fingers. One skein was the perfect length (I have maybe 5 yards left) and perfect weight for the project. These photos don't do justice to the color, a mix of grey-blues, sea-green-teal and plum. So pretty yet subtle.

And unlike with Clapotis, I can actually imagine wearing this little shawl.

3 Comments:

At August 04, 2007 6:27 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Very nice photos Alicia.......thank you for sharing then. wow! how many projects have you finished in the last few weeks? You are a knitting machine!

 
At August 05, 2007 5:32 PM, Blogger Pensguys said...

That's very nice! You've inspired me to get some yarn and start on it. :)

 
At August 07, 2007 3:26 PM, Blogger Kim said...

This pattern is a perfect choice for Sea Pearl. It looks lovely on you. With those colors, it should work nicely with many outfits.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home