Thursday, July 26, 2007

Obsession


I was a exhibitor at the Midwest Fiber and Folk Art Fair this past weekend, and was set up in the same tent as Chris. Can you imagine three days of access to beautiful hand painted fiber? I had that one hank of Wistful that I won in the drawing a few weeks ago. I had no idea what I was going to do with it, so I asked Chris for a recommendation. This is Hattie's Rose Garden. The pattern is written to have the center purl stitch dropped to make ladders, but I don't think I can bear to lose a single lovely stitch. From the wrong side, this looks like a ribbed scarf. On the right side, the bottom flares out, and the body of the scarf has depth and dimension. I work on lots of projects at once, but most have been pushed aside in favor of this one. I carry it around in my handbag, so I can gaze at it and fondle it at work. The fiber blend is so soft and beautiful, and the color! It's a dead ringer for some Sonoma that Chris custom dyed for me. Every hank is truly a work of art.