Friday, July 06, 2007

Icarus finished!

Icarus Shawl

Modeled by my Bugg

Yarn: Briar Rose Fourth of July
2 1/2 skeins; asking Chris for an estimate on yardage according to weight

Size 6 needles

Blocked Measurements (HUGE) - approx 88" across top and 58" down middle

This shawl is huge, but I would not knit it on a smaller sized needle. It is made according to the pattern from 2006 Summer Interweave Knits by Miriam Felton. Bugg and I liked the way it draped and how it stays in place when wrapped. I will be taking a couple of the first chart repeats out and re-making this in an attempt to squeeze it out of two skeins of Fourth of July.


Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At July 07, 2007 7:16 PM, Blogger Vanessa said...

Its absolutely gorgeous!!! The colour of your FOJ looks similar to the colour of the FOJ I'm using in the little dress I'm making!!

 
At July 08, 2007 11:36 AM, Blogger Debbi said...

WOW!! What a fantastic shawl!

 
At July 09, 2007 8:50 AM, Blogger buttercup said...

That is just beautiful! Off to Ravelry to add Icarus to the queue.

 
At July 12, 2007 10:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

GOR-GEOUS!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home