Tuesday, May 29, 2007

An 80 degree day...

...and I'm wearing a wool sweater!

Yes, I'm nuts, but I just had to take a picture of my FIRST cabled sweater today and get it posted! I finished it this weekend while camping and I've been dying to show it off. It is the Cables in Chamonix sweater from the Yarn Girls Guide to Beyond the Basics on size 10.5 needles. I made it a crew neck instead of a turtle neck. It is knitted with two hanks of yummy Sonoma (I alternated from one hank to the other, every two rows).

Thanks for letting me share. I LOVE cables!!!

8 Comments:

At May 29, 2007 3:49 PM, Blogger Chris said...

woooooooo hooooooooo!!!! done!!!!!! yay!!!! it looks AWESOME!!!!! you make your momma proud! I have some of that colorway dyed up if anyone is interested!

 
At May 29, 2007 4:34 PM, Blogger BrownBerry said...

The color spread is perfect and the knit is superb!! That a perfect fit! If you get time, can you give me feedback on the pattern? I have this book and would love to make something in there.

 
At May 29, 2007 6:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Brown Berry, I can give you feedback. What do you want to know? Email me, if you'd like.

 
At May 29, 2007 7:31 PM, Blogger Debbi said...

That colorway IS wonderful! Yum!
And it looks great on you!

 
At May 29, 2007 9:11 PM, Blogger Kim said...

I believe Cindy made this - I loved it then and now that I see yours, I love it more. Thanks for bearing the heat to share

 
At May 30, 2007 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup, Cindy made one too. When I saw hers, I just had to make one!

 
At May 30, 2007 2:22 PM, Blogger doulicia said...

I'm so glad you shared! What a sharp-fitting sweater! The color is gorgeous and gorgeous on you. And the cables are a nice detail. Kudos.

 
At June 28, 2007 2:10 AM, Blogger Elaine said...

Gorgeous! Gorgeous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home