Monday, April 02, 2007

That's What I'm Talking About


This is the red combination I had been dreaming about. Cherries. Chocolate Covered Cherries. I bought this Abundance from the web site. Not being sure about monitor accuracy, the color received is sometimes a surprise, but never a disappointment. What impressed me about the Abundance, besides the luscious smell of all Briar Rose Fibers, was that it had 850 continuous yards of lovely wool, without a knot to be found. My ball winder and swift had a workout. I had never knit with Corriedale before. I found it to be rather sticky, and had to pull it apart from itself during the knitting and winding. I think the stickiness (think velcro) would be an advantage if you're knitting with it double stranded. For this vest, shown in its unfinished state, I wasn't sure I could knit the largest size, lengthened with 850 yards, so I tweaked the numbers a bit and knit a single strand with a size 8 needle. I'll post my finished lightweight Rosebud in a few days. I have a fair amount of yarn left over. If you've ever stopped by my blog, perhaps you can figure out what I'll do with the left overs, and who the intended recipient will be.

6 Comments:

At April 02, 2007 9:19 PM, Blogger Niki said...

Love the color! So vibrant and happy-looking.

 
At April 02, 2007 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum! Now I'm really craving chocolate covered cherries. Those colors rOCK!

 
At April 02, 2007 9:58 PM, Blogger Kim said...

How many is that now? I love the color!

 
At April 02, 2007 10:39 PM, Blogger Kristy said...

Oh beautiful!! The colors are just perfect and you've done a wonderful job. I'm so impressed!

 
At April 03, 2007 6:53 PM, Blogger Chris said...

ooooohhhhh! Wonderful, wonderful! You have made my day!!!

 
At April 06, 2007 8:27 AM, Blogger buttercup said...

Wow! Such rich beautiful colors! But then, we've come to expect that from Chris.

Beautiful!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home