Thursday, April 05, 2007

Summer's on its Way

There's snow covering my daffodils, and Summer seems far off, but here's something I'm looking forward to:

The Great Lakes Fiber Show is held in a small, friendly town in Ohio. There are sheep and alpaca, fried sweets and cold lemonade, and all manner of woolly confections. Best reason to go: to see and touch Briar Rose yarns and to chat with Chris and her family.

Lucky for me, this show is only an hour away from my house! What festivals will You be attending?

4 Comments:

At April 06, 2007 5:53 PM, Blogger buttercup said...

I was just thinking about the MD Sheep & Wool Fest. I'm not going, but I will be going to the other big East Cost fest - NY S&W at Rhinebeck, where I first met Chris and saw and touched her beautiful yarn and didn't buy nearly enough. I even made her take a photo under the Briar Rose sign with my friend. ;-)

Anyway - I've been thinking that we should have a meet up for all those going to Rhinebeck or which ever other fests Chris is at. A KAL meet up so we can have photos of all of us along the festival trail! Now to get those overseas to a US festival.

When is the festival Debbi?

 
At April 06, 2007 7:52 PM, Blogger Debbi said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At April 06, 2007 8:07 PM, Blogger Debbi said...

I love your idea, ButterCup!
The Wooster Ohio festival is May 26 & 27. It's Memorial Day weekend. I plan to go Saturday the 26th.

 
At April 09, 2007 5:15 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Oh how FUN!!!!! You can all come to my booth and let me take pictures of you!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home