Tuesday, March 06, 2007

XOXO Hat

I LOVED making this hat. This was my first time using a cable needle and I had a blast (even after getting the band almost done and ripping out and doing it all over). Look for more cabled items from me in the future!

So, this hat was supposed to be for myself, but it is too small. I measured my head and my measurement was in between the medium and the large sizes. I thought it'd be okay to make the medium, thinking that it would stretch to fit. Should have gone with the large. Oh well. I am going to make another one, but I need to get a new hank of Sonoma (mom? :-)), since I want to do the mittens too, to match.

Here is Hattie modeling the finished hat. It's a little big on her. I think I will give it to my neice for Christmas. It should fit her better. Another Christmas gift done. Score. I could only get Hattie to sit long enough to take two pics of her. It's so hard to get her to smile and look at the camera these days. I took two pics and she pulls the hat off and says, "I'm done", and walks away. Okay, I guess we're done.

2 Comments:

At March 06, 2007 6:56 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Hey there little one! Grandma says hi!! you look so cute in your hat that was supposed to be your momma's......I'll send your momma another hank of Sonoma....and some PINK Fourth of July for socks for you Hattie! Because Grandma heard you wanted PINK socks!

 
At March 08, 2007 11:29 AM, Blogger doulicia said...

Amy, I am so jealous you have access to the BRF yarn source like you do!

I have the XOXO pattern and am itching to make it. But the Sonoma I have is uniformly dark (browns and navy). I want something with more variation and some lighter tones.

Hmmm...could be time to go shopping.

Anyway, nice work on the hat. It looks great on your daughter and not too big in the photo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home