Saturday, March 24, 2007

Earth Song vest and the Legend Shawl

Yes, I finally ironed a white shirt and took my vest to work with me. The colors are very nice together - 2 different colors of Briar Rose Earth Song worked well together.

One last picture of me with my braces...after 3 L O N G years, they come off on Monday!

Chris will begin her summer tour soon - be sure to check her schedule for an opportunity to appreciate her work in person. I am working on a plan to get to one of the shows myself. She has ruined me for all other fiber and I can't get enough!

My shawl was bound off and the edging is coming along nicely. Honestly, this is my first knit on lace edging for a shawl and I did not feel much like doing math to figure out how to get around the corners.


The first corner has been accomplished and will block out nicely. I made notes so the other corners should be fine. For projects in the future I will probably take the time to figure it all out beforehand if only to relieve the stress around wondering.

The pattern is Briar Rose's Tilly's Garden Shawl. My edging is something out of Victorian Lace Today

9 Comments:

At March 24, 2007 10:04 PM, Blogger Marie said...

I am absolutely in love with that beautiful vest! The colors are so lovely and the lace pattern wonderful! You look great in it!

 
At March 25, 2007 12:15 PM, Blogger Debbi said...

Great vest! And nice progress on your shawl. It's nice that the math worked out for your border.
:)

 
At March 25, 2007 4:31 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Braces off on Monday!! woo hoo!! How wonderful for you....what's the first thing you'll enjoy eating?

 
At March 25, 2007 4:32 PM, Blogger Chris said...

oh! oh! and I love both the vest AND the shawl! Way cool to add the knitted on lace border.

 
At March 25, 2007 6:32 PM, Blogger Corinne said...

I love that vest. I must knit one.....

 
At March 26, 2007 9:11 AM, Blogger buttercup said...

Beautiful vest and shawl! I can relate about the ironing tho. I have some really nice white shirts and no desire to iron them...

I know what you mean about the Briar Rose addiction. I'm still working on my shawl and when I'm not I just fondle the yarn. I even have a skein on the arm of my chair so I can look at it and pet it whenever I want. ;-)

Thanks for posting the link to Chris' schedule. I'm still planning on seeing her again this year in Rhinebeck so I can stock up for another year.

 
At March 27, 2007 3:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous. I just love that vest!!! And that shawl is simply beautiful! You are an amazing knitter.

 
At March 27, 2007 6:41 PM, Blogger Niki said...

Your vest is just beautiful! Congrats on the braces. I wore them myself for about two years and have had them off for about five. Don't forget to wear your retainer! I have been very bad about that, and probably now need to go back for adjustments.

Here's to tasty taffy and corn on the cob!

 
At March 28, 2007 9:54 AM, Blogger doulicia said...

The two colors DO work beautifully in the vest. It looks great.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home