Sunday, March 04, 2007

Earth Song Lace Vest

This pattern came from Louisa Harding's Modern Classics. I love this book because the patterns are timeless and are arranged by yarn weight. I adapted the neckline and length a bit because I plan to wear it over a crisp, white shirt (if I ever get one ironed...the dry cleaner never gets the collar right!) Anway, once I iron the shirt - I will, I promise - and get someone to snap the photo, I will post the picture.


For my next amazing feat, I will be finishing the sleeves to my 'v' neck sweater knit out of Briar Rose Legend...remember? (I know, it looks blurry)

I've also procured some of Chris' fabulous Grace. Once again, she amazes me! 60% superwash, merino, 30% bamboo, 10% nylon. I have the perfect shawl pattern chosen.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At March 05, 2007 10:37 AM, Blogger buttercup said...

That is going to look great over a white shirt! Beautiful! Great job!

 
At March 05, 2007 10:42 AM, Blogger doulicia said...

Beautiful work on the vest. I have used Earth Song, so I can just feel the softness looking at your picture. And of course I had to click on the larger photo so I could drool over the individual colors.

Did you knit in the round or back and forth? No pooling; great color distribution.

Enjoy wearing it. It's a beauty.

 
At March 05, 2007 10:52 AM, Blogger Chris said...

oh! my stars! as my little grandma would say!!!
That is just too cute! I'm off to look up the book!

 
At March 05, 2007 5:51 PM, Blogger Kim said...

You are all too kind! I knit it back and forth and can't wait to wear it! One other thing - I didn't take the side stitches into the pattern, I just decided to leave them in stockinette.

 
At March 06, 2007 9:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooo, I'm loving that lace vest. The shape is so cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home