Saturday, March 17, 2007

Diagonal Front Jacket

Last July, Chris hooked me up with a new worsted weight wool that she was painting. I had only the most basic idea of a finished garment in mind. I only knew for sure that I HAD to have more of her stuff. This time in blues with golden yellow. She made time, in the middle of festival season, to dye this to my specifications. "More bright yellow," I whined. Just look at what she sent!

And what a slacker I am, that I've still not finished the shawl collar. Or rather, I've knit it twice but the results were not worthy of the fine yarn used. (It's "Abundance", by the way.) Here's a shot of the front, with my circular needle hanging in it. This is where I join the knit-a-long and get down to work.

I started with Debbie Bliss' Diagonal-Front Jacket (from her Home book) but trimmed it down and shortened the sleeves and it WILL have a real shawl collar, as soon as I get the math right.

Please don't get the wrong idea here, just because I knit without strictly following a pattern. I'm NO expert and I spend almost as much time tinking as knitting. (grins)
My goal is to wear the item for more time than it took to knit it.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At March 17, 2007 7:15 PM, Blogger christine said...

Welcome to the knit-a-long! That is a beautiful jacket. I am going to google that bliss book now. The colors are marvelous!

Christine

 
At March 19, 2007 5:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great goal! :-) And I have to say, you are no slacker. Your work is amazing. Love the way that sweater is turning out.

 
At March 20, 2007 8:33 AM, Blogger Kim said...

Love that jacket! I've not seen the pattern before and your choice of yarn just enhances the pattern

 
At March 21, 2007 7:30 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Debbi!!! Your sweater jacket is soooo nice, can't wait to see it in person. You will bring it for me to see in Ohio?

 
At March 28, 2007 6:38 PM, Blogger Kristy said...

I know I am behind the times but I love this sweater! What a beautiful job you've done. The Abundance is really striking with the pattern. Excellent work!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home