Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Question: knitting with laceweight

Winning on Valentine's Day has inspired me to cast on for my knitalong project. I'd like to make a summery top with the hank of Sea Pearl I have, but I've never knit with laceweight before. I'd like to be able to wear the top without having to wear a tank top or something underneath - what needle size can I use that will give me a good fabric but won't take forever to knit? Any advice will be appreciated by this novice knitter. Thanks!
- Nichole

2 Comments:

At February 21, 2007 5:08 PM, Blogger Kim said...

I am no expert as I love the lace weight stuff and have plenty but it is mostly still in the skein. I would swatch with the Sea Pearl until you are comfortable with the look and then find a pattern or make one up that is in that gauge.

 
At February 22, 2007 8:44 AM, Blogger buttercup said...

I agree. I made socks out of my Sea Pearl, so that isn't going to help you with needle size. I think the needle size on the label is US4. I'd start there.

I can tell you that the Sea Pearl hold up beautifully through several froggings. I cast on for 3 or 4 projects and each one didn't do it for me so I finally decided on socks. So don't worry about swatching over and over. The yarn can take it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home