Saturday, February 24, 2007

New Project

Here's my latest project using Briar Rose Legacy. I started this shawl last week. It's the Cherry Leaf Shawl from Victorian Lace Today. I'm really happy with the colorway and the softness of the yarn. I was really worried the pattern would be more than I'd be able to handle, but it's going along really nicely. I always think a pattern is going to be too hard for me (why do I do that?) It was a bit of a challenge learning how to read a chart, but now I can pretty much glance at it and know where I am. There's always more to learn isn't there?

Happy Knitting!

3 Comments:

At February 24, 2007 8:16 PM, Blogger Chris said...

wow!!!!! That's just totally incredible!!!! I love it! I have that book! I know what you mean about trying to stretch yourself and learning new things! That's how I got into dyeing! Thank you so much for sharing.....are you a member of the Victorian Lace knitters group?

 
At February 24, 2007 9:07 PM, Blogger christine said...

That is just beautiful! I have that book and thought the same thing about several of the patterns that I liked...I'll have to pull it out and have another glance.

Make sure you take a pic when it is finished and post it!

Christine

 
At February 25, 2007 11:30 AM, Blogger buttercup said...

I'm not a member of the Victorian Lace Knitters group. Actually that shawl is why I joined this KAL. The Legacy I have was calling out to be a shawl and I was working on my socks with the Sea Pearl when I heard about this KAL so I joined.

I'll make sure I post my progress and the finished project.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home