Saturday, February 03, 2007

I Need a Bigger Closet





To accommodate all the vests that just keep flying off the needles. This is the Tuscany Tank, done with custom dyed yarn. I love the deep blues and the overall complexity of how the colors work in the finished piece. That's the big payoff with this project--you take what sometimes looks like four unrelated colorways, and then as you knit it, the magic happens. The classic timeless design of this tank really lets the yarn be the star. With the play of color, it also can be worn with many things. Even worked with two strands of a heavy worsted yarn, it doesn't read to me as bulky. I think that perhaps the flax that's blended with the wool gives the garment a little more drape that one might expect. I love the Tuscany Tank so much, I'm about to cast on for another! (Which will make a total of 4 so far)

3 Comments:

At February 04, 2007 1:00 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Hi Corinne! My sentiments exactly! Color, texture, drape, simple patterns, easy to wear, showing off yarn.......you got it!!!

 
At February 05, 2007 7:35 PM, Blogger buttercup said...

I am so glad I joined this KAL - Inspiration in every post. What a beautiful yarn that is. What a beautiful tank!

 
At February 06, 2007 9:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So pretty!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home