Friday, February 23, 2007

Cabled Mitts

Here are my Cabled Fingerless Mitts using the Briar Rose pattern and yarn (1 hank Earth Song).

The color is true to the yarn:



Notes: I followed the pattern exactly with the exception of casting on 8 fewer stitches than called for (I am pretty small boned). I also put the thumb opening one repeat (i.e. 4 rows) sooner than the pattern called for. I didn't think the sleeve part needed to be that long.

The yarn was so soft. Perfect for the mitts. I'm delighted.

Here's a closeup of the small cable pattern (and even a bit of straw for authenticity):

5 Comments:

At February 23, 2007 2:26 PM, Blogger christine said...

These are beautiful! They look so soft!

Great job!

Christine

 
At February 23, 2007 9:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooo, that makes me want to get the second mitt in my pair done! :-)

 
At February 24, 2007 7:06 AM, Blogger Chris said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At February 24, 2007 7:34 AM, Blogger Chris said...

These are wonderful! Thank you for sharing your photo! Glad you are a part of the KAL...

 
At February 24, 2007 5:28 PM, Blogger buttercup said...

I love the colorway! Beautiful mitts!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home