Saturday, February 10, 2007

Bamboo research


In my attempt to reasearch all of my fibers, I have found that the info on bamboo is interesting. Did you know it can be grown as a grass? We had friends that had some in their back yarn by their pool and it was a different varity than grass, and it started to take over their yard....the kind they had sent out wood shoots more than 15' underground. Anyway, bamboo has antibacterial qualities in it! The yarn I am offering is a blend of 60% superwash merino, 30% bamboo and 10% nylon. Her name is "Grace". I think it will make fabulous socks....and baby sweaters....and fingerless mitts and..........SHAWLS....
These two beauties are up for grabs on Valentines Day! Kim will pull a name!

4 Comments:

At February 10, 2007 12:26 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Beautiful!! Someone will be Very Happy come Wednesday! Thanks for your generosity.

 
At February 10, 2007 4:31 PM, Blogger buttercup said...

WOW! Awesome prize again! I can't wait to see who the second lucky knitter is.

 
At February 10, 2007 4:31 PM, Blogger buttercup said...

P.S. I'm going to have to order some of this. Beautiful stuff!

(I hate when I hit enter too fast.)

 
At February 10, 2007 5:30 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Someone is going to have a VERY happy Valentine's day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home