Friday, January 05, 2007

A sock

I just completed this sock (soon to become a pair) for my niece. I had hoped to get them done for Christmas, but obviously that didn't happen. They are going to be too big for her anyway, so I am saving them to give to her next Christmas. I am so going to be on top of Christmas gifts for 2007. :-)

This pretty little sock is knit with Fourth of July, using Yankee Knitter Designs Classic Socks pattern. I love this pattern and I think I am addicted to socks. Yes, I admit it. I am addicted to socks. Strange, since I think I once said that "I will never have any desire to knit socks". Then, while at the Iowa Summer Sheep and Wool Festival last year, I just couldn't keep my hands off the Fourth of July and the sample socks we had in the booth. I started my first pair that weekend, and there was no turning back.

3 Comments:

At January 05, 2007 4:59 PM, Blogger Chris said...

yay! one done! Christmas 2007 knitting started! yay!

 
At January 05, 2007 6:24 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Wow, your sock is beautiful. I understand your sock addiction for I am addicted to sock....(wait for it)....yarn! I have more sock yarn than I could ever knit up and I still buy more. Maybe I am truly a fiberholic!

 
At January 07, 2007 5:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh the mystical socks! Kim has been trying to get me on the sock bandwagon and I am hearing the siren call louder everyday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home