Monday, January 08, 2007

Quick & Easy!
















I started the Rosebud Vest on Thursday and was blocking it by Friday night. I sewed it up Saturday and wore it to church on Sunday! Of course I had some help along the way. First, we had a knitting afternoon at Panera, which got me started. Second, my husband went to a bachelor party on Friday night. Before he went, we stopped at Blockbuster and I rented 3 movies. It was great! Tons of knitting time!

The yarn I used was Abundance. It is a classic worsted weight fiber that is so easy to work with. The pattern calls for Sonoma, but we thought it would be fun to see if Abundance would work - and it did. I also have more than enough left over to make a hat or something to go with it. Maybe a small felted purse.

4 Comments:

At January 08, 2007 1:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE it! You are the SUPERKNITTER, knitting faster than a speeding bullet!

 
At January 08, 2007 3:57 PM, Blogger Chris said...

What an amazing blessing!! I am so happy you are part of our family and that I can claim you, the SUPERKNITTER as my daughter in law! the Rosebud vest is perfectly stunning!

 
At January 08, 2007 5:50 PM, Blogger Kim said...

wow - can we send my whole work team to a bachelor party? I want to spend time knitting like that!

 
At January 10, 2007 2:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christy! Your vest is fabulous and you are oh so very speedy with the knitting! Congratulations on the FO.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home