Sunday, January 14, 2007

Progress




Here's the back of the new cardigan......and my new socks because the back is a boring photo! The new cardigan (which doesn't have a name yet) is knitted with one strand of Sonoma and two strands of Fourth of July........the socks are just 2x2 rib in Fourth of July........I like to make both tops of the socks and then do both heels at the same time. Yes, I know that means two sets of needles......but the process is so much easier if I do one, then another right away because it's still fresh in my mind. You could put the first sock on holders, I suppose......

3 Comments:

At January 14, 2007 3:27 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Love the colors -- I always knit the sleeves of my sweaters at the same time on circulars (back and forth) to make sure I am closer to having a FO. Is the cardigan for a man or woman? Also, how do you name your yarns?

 
At January 14, 2007 6:28 PM, Blogger Chris said...

If you're asking do I name the colors? No, because I "paint".....I really don't use formulas..........I am very much a process knitter, so I don't mind knitting one sleeve at a time. HOWEVER, I can see how knitting them both at the same time would be benificial in getting them to both be the same length!
The new cardigan is for "chicks"!

 
At January 14, 2007 6:38 PM, Blogger Kim said...

The 'chick cardigan' - cool! I was really curious about how you name the fiber line - i.e. Fourth of July, Sonoma, etc. Can't wait to see the finished products!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home