Sunday, January 14, 2007

Painterly thoughts

Kim asked me if I name my colorways.....I'll just take a moment to explain that to everyone, as I get asked that question a lot. No, I don't name them, because I actually "paint" the fibers, I don't use formulas.......
Sometimes you get these wonderful surprises when one color sort of melts into the next color......
This is really important to know as you purchase any "hand paint" yarn....you want to make sure you have PLENTY for your project. Even though I try very hard to match things for people who are going to run out of yarn...it's rather hard.
We are expecting lot's of snow here and maybe freezing rain!! Can you say "SNOW DAY"???
Alas, that doesn't mean as much to me as it used to, with my kids out of the house. The only thing that would mean "SNOW DAY" to me now, is if the power went out and I could knit by candle light.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home