Sunday, January 07, 2007

MY YARN

WOW! I just got my yarn on Friday and I can't wait to knit. I promised myself that I wouldn't start on the XOXO hat and mittens until I have finished a hat that I'm working on for my granddaughter Maeg. The Briar Rose yarn is fabulous though, it's sooooooo soft and the color is wonderful! I got the Sonoma in a colorway that has lots of blues, greens, burgandys, and a little bit of gold.
Ok, so I gave in last night and rolled my hank into a ball just so I could feel the yarn and see more of the color. Still beautiful. I'm a very "old school" knitter and love my yarn rolled into balls rather than the short, fat cylinder that the ball winder makes. Why do they call it a "ball" winder? The end product sure isn't a ball.

4 Comments:

At January 07, 2007 4:57 PM, Blogger Kim said...

GREAT post! I miss you so....I wish we could Briar Rose in person!

 
At January 08, 2007 12:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pictures! Pictures! We want to see pictures of your beautiful yarn. I am glad to know that I'm not the only one who sets knitting incentives for myself. I am knitting diligently on a hedgehog, gazing longingly at the sock at the end of the tunnel!

Looking forward to seeing what you decide to knit up!! :)

 
At January 08, 2007 10:12 AM, Blogger Chris said...

oh my gosh you guys sure do stay up late! I knitted so much last night! I am so happy! I knitted on the new sweater and some socks too....

 
At January 08, 2007 1:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see that XOXO hat and mittens. That's on my list of things to knit too. Love that pattern.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home