Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Inquiring minds want to know

In the 1/23 issue of USA Today two books about knitting appear. I haven't read either so can't give a review, but just thought you might like to have the info. #1. "The Knitting Circle" by Ann Hood, to be published this week. She has also written "Somewhere Off the Coast of Maine.
#2. "The Friday Night Knitting Club", by Kate Jacobs. Julia Roberts has already signed to star in the upcoming movie.
I have been to NJ and PA and knitted my socks furiously on the plane over and back...picture soon. lois

3 Comments:

At January 25, 2007 5:21 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Oh my gosh! I've had my order in for both of those books! I wish they would get here...I'm in the mood for a little winter reading!

 
At January 26, 2007 7:24 PM, Blogger Kim said...

They sound wonderful. I wait for Theresa aka NeedleMe to finish a book and throw it my way...as if I've had time to read lately! So, Theresa - do you have these yet?

 
At January 27, 2007 6:36 AM, Blogger Chris said...

I just rec'd my Circle of Friends! and I rec'd a sneak peak of The Friday Night Knit Club! Now I am trying to picture the main charchter as Julia Roberts! Maybe it's not good to know they are making a movie BEFORE you read the book.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home