Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Have fiber, need project!

Hello all! This is my very first knit-a-long. My name is Nikki and I also live in central NJ - soon to relocate to NYC! I have a beautiful hank of Sea Pearl that I bought at Rhinebeck, but I don't know what to make with it. I'm already knitting a sock and hesitate to cast on another, but I'm worried that I would run out of yarn with any other project. I am a small person and could possibly make a tank top or something....any ideas? More specifically, I have 500 yards of sea pearl, which is a lace weight yarn. Thanks!

4 Comments:

At February 01, 2007 6:12 AM, Blogger Kim said...

I am going to make the After Hours Shawl with my Sea Pearl (someday). Chris had it at an open house and I plan to eliminate maybe one row and the fringe. It is beautiful!

 
At February 01, 2007 2:09 PM, Blogger buttercup said...

It would make a beautiful shawl. I'm wearing my sea Pearl socks today and my feet are very comfy and PRETTY!

Since I'm not a small person I'm not sure, but wouldn't that be enough for a tank top? What about the Honeymoon Cami from Knitty?

 
At February 01, 2007 7:19 PM, Blogger snowflake2007 said...

You could do a cowl. It's a scarf that's really a tube. You could measure how big around the circle should be and then times it by the gauge. If you do it in the round, you only have to sew in the ends. I have wanted to do one for a while. It's also in the book Last Minute Knitted Gifts. Great book if you don't have it.
Elizabeth

 
At February 01, 2007 10:10 PM, Blogger soyezforte said...

Thanks for the feedback! I think I will try a tank top - the one on Knitty is a good idea. I have looked through "Last Minute Knitted Gifts" and there are great projects. I don't think I would use a shawl or a cowl that much though...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home