Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Greetings from NJ!

I got my invite the other day and so I wanted to say HI and introduce myself. I'm Chris (aka Buttercup on my blog) and I live in Central NJ. I was fortunate enough to meet Chris of Briar Rose at Rhinebeck and drop some cash there with her. I'm currently using Sea Pearl to make a pair of socks. Close up of the color on sock one is below. I'm just to the heel on sock #2 and hope to have the pair done by the weekend.
I'm really looking forward to seeing all your FOs. The sweaters below are beautiful and I can't wait to see them finished.

Cory - Your Mom's vest is beautiful!

3 Comments:

At January 25, 2007 5:33 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Chris! So happy you've joined! It makes me smile that you are making socks with the Sea Pearl! How do you like them? what pattern are you using? I think you will really like our new fiber with the bamboo in it too!

 
At January 25, 2007 8:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooo, socks in Sea Pearl? I bet they are wonderful to wear.

 
At January 26, 2007 9:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm never sure where to reply so...
Chris - I love working with the Sea Pearl. I'm using the Baby Cable Rib pattern from Sensational Knitted Socks. I have one sock done and the second one is in the home stretch (foot and toe left to do). I'm sure I'll love wearing them.

Not to mention, when I bought the color, I didn't realize the amazing colors that are in there. I thought it just looked like a stormy sky, but there are little flashes of pink and purple! You did an AMAZING job with my yarn.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home