Friday, January 12, 2007

Generational



Hello, fellow knit-alongers! It's taken a while for me to get on board, and thanks much to Kim for helping to set me up! I've been a Briar Rose Fibers enthusiast since the Wisconsin Sheep and Wool Festival last September, which I attended with my mom, who is not a knitter herself, but has a very extensive hand knit wardrobe. All knit by me. We both went crazy for the Tuscany Tank. I just loved how four unexpected colors could come together and make a garment with so much dimension. The simple pattern design really lets the yarn be the star, and makes a garment that can be a versatile wardrobe piece. I had a dozen other projects in the works, but the lovely colors and intoxicating smell of the dye made me want to set aside other projects and just get going with this fiber. So, over the past few months, I've been doing a knit-ahead! I made this tank for my mom, for helping me this past year with some shows I participated in with my dog sweater enterprise, Lucky Penny Hand Made. My mom and I are both fans of the vest. Before her retirement, she worked in a doctor's office, and a vest was a sensible piece to be worn under a lab coat. She has a quite a large collection. All knit by me. For myself, I work in overheated buildings, and find a vest perfect for that. I also declared sleeves more or less obsolete in my sweater wardrobe after I wore out the elbow of my favorite handknit sweater. I love that this piece can look great on a young girl or a mature lady. It looks cute on my mom!

3 Comments:

At January 13, 2007 6:52 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Your mom is sooooo cute and looks great in the Tuscany Tank! I have one in the works for myself too....in fact I have the back done.......maybe a photo later! Nice job! Thank you for the lovely, kind words!

 
At January 14, 2007 9:05 AM, Blogger Kim said...

SO happy that everything is resolved and you could post - what a wonderful story and pic of your mom. Your work is wonderful, I can't wait to see more.

 
At January 15, 2007 9:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home